Jacob spent weeks of late nights after work painting the room, installing trim, and building and painting these white shelves around the window in the nursery. It's finally all finished, and I can't believe how great & professional the shelves look...Jacob never ceases to amaze me!
He also refinished an old dresser to use as a changing table. It was dark green, and he painted it white, removed two doors, and replaced the doors with baskets. (Katie Beth, do you recognize it? It's the one you used!)
Mimi made the curtains and the bedding for the crib, and Zanna made the blanket that is on the chair to match the room. I used my graduation money to buy the nice glider & ottoman -- what a great purchase -- love it already!
The pictures in the shadow boxes are of us and both sets of grandparents -- you can see the pictures better in the video that's at the end of the post.
The name on the wall is a wall applique that we ordered online and stuck to the wall -- it looks like paint. We were super nervous about putting it up on the wall, but it turned out great.
Isaac means laughter:
And He said, "I will certainly return to you according to the time of life, and behold, Sarah your wife shall have a son." (Sarah was listening in the tent door which was behind him.) Now Abraham and Sarah were old, well advanced in age, and Sarah had passed the age of childbearing. Therefore, Sarah laughed within herself saying, "After I have grown old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?" And the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh, saying, 'Shall I surely bear a child, since I am old?' "Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son." (Genesis 18:10-14).
sidenote:
Don't look for TOO much symbolism in the story... I know I'm not THAT "well-advanced in age."
Don't look for TOO much symbolism in the story... I know I'm not THAT "well-advanced in age."
A friend told me that she thinks that Isaac is the perfect name for this baby... if God had told me several years ago that I would one day be happily married to a wonderful, Godly man who is an amazing father to Christian and that we would have another son, I might have laughed in disbelief just like Sarah. So true!
A verse I held onto during rough times is Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
God has certainly kept the promise of that verse to me in giving me hope and a future with this wonderful little family. At Isaac's birth, Sarah said, "God has given me laughter," and in re-reading the story of Isaac for this post, I noticed that my NIV bible even titles the chapter in Genesis that tells the story of Isaac, "The Son of Promise."
So Tricia, I think you're right -- Isaac is the perfect name for this baby.
Here's video of the nursery...
This is probably the last post until we have the baby who belongs in this nursery, then we'll post pictures of him! The Beatles for Babies CD is playing loudly in the video to try to drown out Christian & Dusty watching tv in the living room!
2 comments:
wow! je ne reconnais pas la commode verte! c'est fou! la chambre d'enfants est tellement jolie! j'adore les photos de vous et vos parents quand vous étiez petits! trop mignon! christian apprend beaucoup de leçons de vie dans cette périod, alors...les hormones! hahaha...bisous, bisous et un grand câlin!!!!! félicitations en avance!!!
SO AMAZING.
Aunt Kristie
Post a Comment